adventure days on the hills & crags
Getting out on to the mountains and crags is an ideal way to wind down after a busy week.
If you have never put your boots on a mountain – still less been to the top a mountain before, and nervous of heading out on your own then this could be a major change to how you view mountain environments.
Times & Meeting | Meet at Snowgoose Mountain Centre in the village of Corpach for pre-brief and gear check at 9.00 am.
What is included | All guiding / instructional fees, group first aid kit, group shelter, emergency rope, map & compass, transport from Snowgoose Mountain Centre to / from Glen Nevis
Gear list – what to bring |
On the mountains you will see loads of folks who are poorly equipped and shod. These are the ones who will become cold, wet, uncomfortable – and may be in need of assistance or rescue before the end of the day.
To wear on the day :
• For mountain walking – a pair of proper walking boots – not trainers or sandals! The decision of the instructor / guide will be final on whether your foot wear is suitable. If in doubt we have a selection of walking and mountain boot for hire @ £ 5.00 per pair per day. Essential
• Preferably 2 layers of woollen socks – not thin nylon socks. Essential
• No jeans. Essential. Fleece or woollen trousers
• Some form of interchangeable layering system for your top half – depending on the time of year this should include a base layer – t-shirt (long or short sleeved); a shirt or sweat shirt; a fleece. Exactly what you wear will depend on what you have to hand and what you are comfortable with.
• For a rock climbing day – most folks now wear rock boots or shoes but there is nothing wrong if you are a beginner in wearing your hill boots so long as they have a fairly stiff sole. If in doubt we have a selection of rock boots for hire @ £ 5.00 per pair per day. Essential. • Other than that your personal clothing will be based on the guidelines above. Remember, exactly what you wear will depend on what you have to hand and what you are comfortable with.
To carry with you on the hill at all times:
• Waterproof trousers & jacket. Essential
• A small day sac – say 35 litres. Essential
• Spare fleece. Essential
• Warm hat & gloves. Essential
• Packed lunch & drink – not a packet of crisps – carbs essential!!
• Map & compass if you have them
• Emergency snack – Mars bar etc
• Sun glasses & sun cream
sailing with a unique mountain backdrop
a great opportunity to progress to sailing on open tidal…
ben nevis days
maybe climb Ben Nevis while you are here
just get active outddoors
climb mountains & crags, kayak or canoe rivers & lochs
day's of pure adventure
we'll take you out on your best adventure days yet!